{Class of 2003}
Ten years ago today I {Jenn} graduated from Pinnacle High School. It's crazy to think about how much has changed since then. I wrote a letter to my 17 year old self.
Ten years ago Jenn...
I wish I could tell you how much you have to look forward to. All the things you will do, accomplish and do in the next decade.
I wish I could tell you of the friends you will make and major you will choose. College is an amazing time and you make life long friends. You learn more about yourself and your relationship with Christ than you do about working in the real world. You thought swimming defined you, but it was just a piece of who you were then that helped you to become who you are now.
I wish I could tell you life gets so much better than you ever could imagine it would be. Falling in love with your best friend is such a gift that you will always treasure. I wish I could tell you how being married is worth every heart break along the way. I wish I could tell you how your wedding day is beautiful and everything you could have ever hoped for. I wish I could tell you that it is the best day of your life so far.
I wish I could tell you how much you love the babies you will have. That carrying them inside of you is truly a gift and a joy you can't begin to express in words. I wish I could tell you that you are the best mother, but you aren't. But you are learning more each day how to be the best mom to the beautiful babies you have. I wish I could tell you how much they mean to you. It's a love you can't even begin to imagine. I wish I could tell you that you will be more emotional because of them, because you heart is so full of love. Your cry tears of happiness because you are overwhelmed by your love for them.
I wish I could tell you about the friends that walk you through the ups and downs are as close to you as family. I wish I could tell you how thankful you will be for them. They are a part of you. I wish I could tell you that their joys are your joys. How much you love and appreciate them. They truly are a blessing from God.
I wish I could tell you that your best days are ahead of you. Take lots of pictures and write little moments down, because moments are fleeting. I wish I could tell you all about who you are now, but you will soon find out. The best is yet to come young one.
I wish I could tell you.... don't blink.
No comments:
Post a Comment